Village of Hanna City Grant Program 2023
The Community & Economic Development Council (CEDC) of the Village of Hanna City is pleased to announce the launch of two economic development programs for fiscal year 2023 beginning in May.
- The Residential Redevelopment Grant Program will offer homeowners whose residential properties are located within the Business Development District (BDD) financial assistance to aide in improvements made to the exterior of the eligible home/property. (If your home is eligible, you will/have received a postcard in the mail during the week of 1/9/23-1/13/23.) Grants for the residential program will cover up to 75% of the eligible project costs incurred by the property owner, not to exceed $5000. A total of $25,000 is available for grants. Qualified projects may include:
- Window repair/replacement
- Siding repair/replacement
- Repair/addition of porches, steps, ramps, and other similar Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant amenities
- Roof repair/replacement
- Demolition of garages, sheds, or other significantly deteriorated /dilapidated structures
- Tree removal as deemed necessary to reduce encroachment on buildings or risk of property damage
- The Commercial Redevelopment Grant Program will offer business owners whose commercial properties are located within the Business Development District (BDD) financial assistance to aide in improvements made to the exterior of the business/property. Grants for the commercial program will cover up to 75% of the eligible project costs incurred by the business owner, not to exceed $15,000. A total of $75,000 is available for grants. Qualified projects may include:
- Exterior repairs and renovations to storefronts, sides and rears of existing commercial buildings that also face a Village Street and parking lots. Such repairs and renovations include: signage, exterior masonry & brick restoration; painting/re-siding exterior walls; replacement of exterior doors and windows; final exterior trim work and weatherproofing; as well as repairs or renovations to parking lots.
A map of the Business Development District can be found here: Map to BDD
These programs and related funding are available to Village of Hanna City residents and business owners due to the planning and preparation of the Village Board and Community & Economic Development Council.
The establishment of both the Tax Increment Finance District (TIF) and the Business Development District (BDD) are the reason these and hopefully other programs are possible. The greater support provided to local businesses, the greater the possibility of additional funding.
Applications for 2023: